Wheel balancing helps to ensure that the weight of the wheel is even when it turns. Every time a new tyre is mounted onto an axle, the wheel should be rebalanced to ensure it continues to rotate evenly.
Incorrect balancing not only causes vibration in the steering wheel, it can be felt through the body of the car.
Wrongly balanced wheels can also cost you money!
Incorrect balancing also causes premature wear of tyres and rapid wear of suspension parts.
For additional information on Wheel Balancing
Wheels that are not balanced or are out of balance generally produce a vibration that is uncomfortable to the driver and results in premature wearing of tyres, suspension and steering components.
When the wheel rotates, asymmetries of mass may cause it to hop or wobble, which can cause ride disturbances, usually vertical and lateral vibrations. It can also result in a wobbling of the steering wheel or of the entire vehicle. The ride disturbance, due to unbalance, usually increases with speed.
Wheel balancing can help to eliminate this vibration and you should notice a smoother ride. You will also experience more even tyre wear which will help to increase the life of your tyres, saving you money in the long run.
You should also have your wheels checked or balanced after an impact such as a kerb, pothole or stone, when a tyre looks abnormal or every 10,000 miles.
At Les Pauls wheels can be balanced on a wheel balancing machine. The machine rotates the tyre and wheel assembly and automatically calculates even the smallest differences in weight across the wheel.
The balancing machine then highlights the exact position where a balance counter weight should be applied. Counter weights come in different sizes depending on the degree of the imbalance.
We also carry out 4 Wheel Alignment
We also supply new tyres for your Volkswagen or Audi. Contact us for a quote on 020 8551 8537
Latest Car Sales
- Jaguar XJ 3.0 TD Portfolio SWB Saloon 4drView Full Details
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 TD Utah Double Cab Pickup Auto 4WD EU6 4dr £22,000 + VATView Full Details
- Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport (s/s) 3drView Full Details
- Isuzu D-Max 2.5 TD Eiger Double Cab Pickup 4x4 4drView Full Details
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 TD Eiger Double Cab 4x4 4dr (EU6)View Full Details
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 TD Yukon Double Cab 4x4 4dr (EU6) £20,400 + VATView Full Details
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 TD Yukon Double Cab 4x4 4dr (EU6) £19,000 + VATView Full Details